Lotus Notes is the product of IBM, whereas Outlook is owned by Microsoft. Now, both Outlook and Lotus are a messaging platform, which allows users to manage their email accounts. On one hand, Lotus Notes supports NSF file format, while Outlook stores all the files in PST format. There are many cases, wherein users urge to use their Lotus Notes Mails on Outlook. Now, since both the email client supports different file formats, it becomes necessary to export or transfer the Lotus Notes files to Outlook.
There are two different ways through transfer of Lotus Notes Mail to Outlook is possible. Those two ways to convert NSF files to PST format are as follows:
- Export the Lotus Notes Email Files
- Then, Import the Exported Email File in Outlook
How to proceed with the process to Export the Lotus Notes Email Files
- First-of-all, go to Export Lotus Email Files Location
- Then, Users must open the Lotus Notes Application
- After opening the application, click on the “Mail” tab
- Then from the menu bar, proceed to the “File” option
- In order to start the Export Wizard, click the Export
- Just after clicking the Export Wizard, users will get various options in choosing the format for the Exported file from Lotus Notes.
- Users can choose either Tabular Text or Structured Text as both the format is compatible with MS Outlook
- Now to proceed ahead with Export Process, click on the Continue option
- In order to end the Wizard and export the Email files, click on the Export Icon.
Import the Exported Email File in Outlook
- To begin with, users must open the MS Outlook Application
- Click on the Import and Export option after going to the File menu
- As soon as the Export and Import Wizard opens, click “Next”
- As per the requirement of users, the format must be chosen to Export the files. Users can either Tab separated Values (Windows) or Comma Separated Values (Windows)
- After that, click “Next”
- Then, keep on continuing through the Export Wizard, and after that choose and browse the respective file, which was exported from Lotus Notes.
- Now, end the process by clicking on Finish.
All these processes will end the “Import and Export Wizard”, and the Lotus Notes files will be imported to Outlook.